Friday, November 19, 2010

Emotional Intelligence

            After taking the self test, I have realized that my emotional intelligence was not as good as I had imagined. My score was fairly low which indicated that I have some trouble dealing and understanding my own as well as other’s emotions. For the most part, I was shocked that I received such a low score but at the same time it also made a great deal of sense. Being able to deal with the emotions of other individuals especially those who are closest to you is something that you deal with on a day to day basis. If you aren’t able to deal with these emotions and face them straight on, the interactions with others will be a struggle. Some suggestions that were given were to offer support to others, motivate yourself to overcome obstacles, and even to establish closer relationships with those around you in order to build stronger ones.
            After watching the video in class about the ten tips for creating a good emotional intelligence, I have come to realize that I should learn to make my tasks underwhelming. In school there are many tasks that I take on from assignments to even being at events around campus. I have to learn to not take on so much at one time and I have to balance what needs to be done with what I can get to later. This will help me become less stressed and also more focused on achieving my goals. Also, I am going to try to relax a bit more as well. This will encourage me to take on more challenges that I can handle without feeling overwhelmed and even frustrated. My emotional intelligence is something that I am going to work on in order to improve myself and those around me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment